Activating your rollover plan with KeyBank
Many firms offer their employees various types of retirement benefits. These plans go by many names, including a 401(k), pension plan or profit sharing plan, to name a few.
The person who takes care of the plan is often referred to as the Plan Administrator. One of the jobs of the Plan Administrator is to contact former employees and ask what they would like to do with the funds that have accumulated in their plans.
Sometimes, the Plan Administrator cannot locate the former employee, or the former employee fails to respond to the notice. When this happens, the Plan Administrator must look to the plan document to determine what to do with the accumulated assets. Some of the options could include keeping the money in the plan, mailing a check to the former participant, or rolling the funds into an Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
If your employer rolled your qualified plan funds into an IRA with KeyBank, then we would have sent you paperwork that needed to be completed and returned. This is a sample of the documents that we would have personalized and mailed to the address that your former employer provided to us. This sample does not include plan, account, and privacy disclosures that were also included.
You have three choices of what you can do with your retirement money:
- Keep it in an IRA with KeyBank,
- Transfer your KeyBank IRA to another trustee or custodian, or
- Withdraw your funds.
None of these options are available until KeyBank has received your accurately complete documents (listed below).
This website contains paperwork you will need to complete this process. Please complete the forms below, as they apply to you.
- Adoption Agreement*
- Rollover Certification
- Customer Identification Form (Form Instructions)
- Documentary Evidence
- Social Security Award Letter (containing Social Security Number), or Social Security Administration Signed Letter
- Utility bill associated with physical property location no more than 60 days old (gas, electric, sewer, water, cable, phone) Note: The service address must be present on the bill to be accepted as documentary evidence.
- U.S. Driver's License, U.S. State ID Card, or Native American Tribal Identification Card
- IRS W2 or 1099 Tax Form,
- Real Estate Tax bill (not older than one year) or Real Estate Rental or Lease Agreement, Insurance Coverage or Statement for real property or Real Property Deed, Student ID, Letter/Invoice from School Admissions, or Grades/Transcript from School Records
- Letters from long-term health care providers such as Nursing/Retirement Homes
Other Potentially Required Document
- Documentary evidence for name change**
Once forms have been completed, they can be returned by regular mail to:KeyBank National Association
Mail Code: NY-00-01-0180
P. O. Box 1300
Buffalo, NY 14240-1300
If you have any questions or need help completing these forms, please call 1-800-872-5553.
What to Expect
Processing this paperwork may take as long as three weeks, including mail time. Upon receipt and verification of your paperwork, we will send you another set of plan, account and privacy disclosures.
*A P. O. Box is acceptable for a mailing address but you must also provide a legal (physical) address which cannot be a P. O. Box number.
**If your name has changed since you left your employer, please provide one of the following documents: copy of marriage certificate or copy of divorce decree.
KeyDirect is a business segment within KeyBank National Association.
KeyDirect offers great interest rates directly to consumers and businesses in 39 states and the District of Columbia but not AK, CO, ID, KY, ME, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA. If you currently reside in one of these 11 other states, please visit KeyBank at one of more than 1000 KeyBank branches or visit www.Key.com to see what rates are available in your area. Not all accounts available in all states. Please note that if you reside in IN and MI you can choose to bank either via the KeyDirect web site or call center, or through your local KeyBank branch or Key.com
Key.com is a federally registered service mark of KeyCorp.
KeyBank is Member FDIC.