Key CashbackSM Credit Card
Earn up to 2% cash back on every purchase, with no annual fee.2
Start saving, even when you spend. Use the Key Cashback credit card to earn at least 1.5% cash back on every purchase, and 2% when you bank and save with Key.1 Financial progress just got a little easier.
|Cash Back|| |
1.5% cash back on purchases; 2% cash back for clients who bank and save with Key.1
|Annual Fee|| |
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR|| |
0% for the first 12 billing cycles on balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After that, your APR on balance transfers will be 15.49% to 24.49% based on creditworthiness. Avoid being charged interest on purchases when you pay your entire balance (including balance transfer) by the due date each month.3
|Regular Purchase APR|| |
15.49% to 24.49% based on creditworthiness4
|Balance Transfer Fee|| |
$10.00 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
|Late Payment Fee|| |
Up to $39
|Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee|| |
|Minimum Interest Charge||
- Earn unlimited 2% cash back on purchases when you bank and save with KeyBank. To qualify, you must have both a KeyBank:
- Checking account with $1,000 each month in deposits (this excludes deposits to health savings accounts and transfers between KeyBank accounts), and
- Savings or investment account with a minimum daily balance of $1,000.
- Always earn at least 1.5% cash back. You’ll always be rewarded with this card, so any month you don’t meet KeyBank’s bank and save requirements, you’ll still receive 1.5% cash back.1
- Redeem your cash back as a statement credit, pay yourself back for purchases already made, or direct deposit in to a KeyBank checking or savings account.5
- Contactless – Just Tap and Go®.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I earn cash back?
You can earn cash back by making purchases on your Key Cashback credit card.1 You will begin earning cash back once you have activated your card and make any purchases.
Remember, you’ll earn on purchases only, not on all transactions. So balance transfers, cash advances, ATM disbursements, person-to-person money transfers, convenience checks, account interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, any fees, returns or credits do not count toward your cash back.
For more details, see the complete Terms and Conditions.
- How do I qualify for 2% cash back with the Key Cashback card?
To qualify for 2% cash back, you must bank and save with KeyBank. That means you need to have a KeyBank checking account with $1,000 in deposits per month (this excludes deposits to health savings accounts and transfers between KeyBank accounts), and a KeyBank savings or investment account with a minimum daily balance of $1,000.1
- What if I don’t have KeyBank checking and savings accounts?
Don’t worry, you’ll still earn 1.5% on your purchases.
- What if I have the KeyBank checking and savings or investments accounts, but don’t meet the balance or deposit requirements?
Don’t worry, you’ll still earn 1.5% on your purchases. It is possible that you have the right accounts, but don’t meet the deposit or balance requirements every month.
We determine your earning rate on the last Monday of each month. That’s when we review your deposit and balance activity for the month to see if you’ve met our bank and save criteria. If you have, you earn 2% cash back. If not, your rate for the following calendar month will be 1.5%.
- Where can I see which rate I’m earning?
Your earn rate for specific months and transactions can be found on the rewards site in KeyBank online and mobile banking.
There are two ways to get to the rewards site:
- Sign on to KeyBank online or mobile banking
- Go to Account Summary > Rewards > Cashback Rewards Balance, or
- Go to Credit Card Account Financial Details > Rewards > Redeem Cashback Rewards
From the rewards site, you can select Account Activity to view your purchases and other related rewards activity. The information displayed for each purchase can be expanded in greater detail to show the earn rate applied.
- The rewards website shows that I earned 1.5% on some purchases and 2% on others in the same statement. Why?
The rate you earn, either 1.5%, or 2%, is effective for a calendar month. However, credit card accounts cycle at various times throughout a month, so one statement can include activity across months.
Say your earn rate was 2% in September and 1.5% in October, and your account cycles on the 23rd of each month. Your October statement would include transactions posted from Sept. 24 – 30 at 2%, and transactions posted from Oct. 1 – 23 at 1.5%.
Also, the cash back rewards you earn for each purchase are based on the earn rate in effect when the transaction posts to the account, not the earn rate in effect when the transaction was authorized. So it’s possible that a transaction authorized when the earn rate was 2% may post to the account when the earn rate is 1.5%.
- Is there a maximum amount of cash back I can earn?
No. There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn on your purchases.
- Do my cash back rewards ever expire?
No, your cash back rewards do not expire.
- Is there an annual fee for the Key Cashback credit card?
No, there is no annual fee2 on your Key Cashback credit card.
- How can I redeem my cash back?
You can redeem your cash back online 24/7 by logging in to your online banking account or by calling 1-800-KEY2YOU® (1-800-539-2968). For clients using a TDD/TTY device, please call 1-800-539-8336.
There are three ways to use your cash back:
- Direct Deposit: You can have cash back deposited into a KeyBank checking or savings account.
- Statement Credit: Apply your cash back as a statement credit to your Key Cashback credit card account. A statement credit will reduce your balance but it will not count as a payment. You’ll still be required to make your monthly minimum payment.
- Pay Me Back: Select up to three transactions from the past 90 days to redeem as a credit to your account. The redemption will reduce your balance, but won’t count as your monthly minimum payment.
Please note, redemptions will post to your account within 7 business days.
- Who can I contact if I have questions or need help with my online account or redemption?
Call the number on the back of your Key Cashback credit card: 1-800-KEY2YOU (1-800-539-2968). For clients using a TDD/TTY device, please call 1-800-539-8336.